Axoguard HA+ Nerve ProtectorTM
Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector combines a remodeling extracellular matrix base-layer for long-term protection with a short-term resorbable hyaluronate-alginate gel coating for enhanced nerve gliding and minimization of soft tissue attachments.
- Provides short- and long-term protection with a resorbing HA gel layer present during the critical period of scar formation and an extracellular matrix layer that vascularizes and remodels into the patient’s own new site-specific tissue.1
- Double-sided HA-based gel layer reduces friction through traumatic tissue beds.
- Throughout healing, nerve can glide through the tissue bed without attachment to adjacent soft tissues.2
- Formulated for optimized handling and flexibility of surgical application—quick hydration, flat sheet configuration and easy to suture if needed.
Applications suitable for Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector include:
- spinal accessory nerve after neck dissection
- radial nerve laying on metal plating for humeral shaft and olecranon fractures
- ulnar nerve during a cubital tunnel release or transposition
- median nerve through the carpal tunnel
- traumatic injuries of the sciatic nerve
- common peroneal nerve after tibial plateau fractures
- tibial nerve through tarsal tunnel
indications for use
INDICATIONS FOR USE: Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector is indicated for the management of peripheral nerve injuries where there is no gap.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector base membrane is derived from a porcine source and the lubricant coating is composed of sodium hyaluronate and sodium alginate. The Axoguard HA+ Nerve Protector should not be used for patients with known sensitivity to porcine, alginate, or hyaluronate materials.
NOTE: This device is not intended for use in vascular applications.
|AGHA12||1 cm x 2 cm|
|AGHA22||2 cm x 2 cm|
|AGHA24||2 cm x 4 cm|
|AGHA36||3 cm x 6 cm|
|AGHA48||4 cm x 8 cm|